Zoom Festival Official Section
General Temps and Conditions of participation Official Section 20th edition of Zoom Festival
The purpose of the ZOOM FESTIVAL is to disseminate and promote audiovisual content regardless of format, distribution channel and audiences.
The Oﬃcial Section of the 20th edition is open to all producers, televisions, students, independent ﬁlm makers from all over the world who present audiovisual content for all types of screens and that ﬁt the bases of the Festival’s oﬃcial section.
Among the functions of the Festival is the welcoming meeting of the various professional sectors of the audiovisual industry, as well as that of students in the sector and be a platform for new talent.
In order to fulﬁll these objectives, the Zoom Festival will celebrate its 20th Edition from November 22 to 27th 2022 in Igualada, Barcelona i Online.
All productions that present audiovisual content to the following SIX categories are accepted:
- ENTERTAINMENT: Contests, Talent, Realty Show, Talk Show, Show Information, Factual, Magazine, Late Show, Humor
- INFORMATION: Newscasts, Reports, Debates, Interviews, Special Informative
- CULTURAL AND DIVULGATIVE: General, Musical, Educational, Documentary 55′
- SPORTS: Programs, Rebroadcasts
- FICTION: TVMovie and miniseries
- VIDEOGAMES: All genres accepted
3. Generals Conditions
Audiovisual content must meet the following requirements:
- All nationalities and international co-productions are accepted.
- All producers, televisions, directors will be able to compete with them that exercise the due legal control over the audiovisual contents that are presented to the competition.
- The contents enrolled in the categories of Entertainment, News, Culture and Outreach and Sports, must have been issued after January 1, 2021 or that are currently broadcast on television or on the Internet.
- In the case of Videogames, they must have been released after January 1, 2021.
Exceptionality in the Fiction category:
They will not accept the contents inscribed in the category of Fiction, teleﬁlms or miniseries, that have been issued in Catalonia and must have ﬁnished their production after January 1, 2021.
Those ﬁlms that have been presented and exhibited in editions previous to the ZOOM FESTIVAL will not be admitted.
They will be presented in original version, and those whose original language is neither Catalan nor Spanish, must be accompanied by subtitles in English or French.
Of all the works received, the organization will select those that will participate in the Ofﬁcial Competition Section.
Participants must ensure that the rights of participation in the ZOOM FESTIVAL do not violate the rights of third parties related to the production of the work.
4. Documentation for pre-selection
It will be necessary to present the following documentation to enter the selection of the Festival:
- Registration must be made through the online form, through the www.festhome.com platform or the website www.zoomfestival.org. The inscripcions has a fee of 10€.
- For the categories of Entertainment, News, Cultural and Outreach and Sports, you need the link to view a chapter of the format.
The deadline for registration is July 30, 2022.
5. Documentation in case the production has been selected
The organization will notify the works that have been selected for competition through the person of
contact that appears on the registration form.
The selected works will have to be presented in the following format:
DCP, preferably, or HD ﬁle for the Fiction category. ARCHIVE .MOV for the rest of the categories.
The promotional material must be in the possession of the organization before September 15, 2022 and the means of transport used must be notiﬁed to the organization.
Copies in DCP or Hard Drive will be returned by the organization to the address that appears on the sender.
The payment of the shipping costs will be paid by the producing companies and / or directors and / or televisions. As well as the expenses for the return will be paid by the Festival.
6. Selection and Jury
The decisions of the members of the jury will be unappealable.
The address of the ZOOM FESTIVAL reserves the right not to admit, once selected, those copies that do not meet the technical conditions appropriate for its public display.
The Ofﬁcial Jury will be formed by professionals from the ﬁlm, television and interactive media sector.
The Ofﬁcial Jury will discuss the following prizes:
- Zoom Award for Best Fiction
- Award Zoom to the Best Content of Entertainment
- Zoom Award for Best Informative Content
- Zoom Award for Best Sports Content
- Zoom Award to the Best of Cultural and Outreach content
- Zoom Award to the Best Videogame
The Verdict of the prizes and its delivery will take place at the Gala of Closure of the ZOOM FESTIVAL, on November 26th, 2022.
The prizes of category to contest will not be able to be declared deserted.
The Festival will be able to make video copies of selected works that will become part of the videographic fund for non-proﬁt audiovisual broadcasting. In any case, the ZOOM FESTIVAL will inform the producers of its use, always of a cultural and non-lucrative nature, of these copies.
9. Program and exhibition rights
During the celebration of the Festival, the organization reserves the right to display the selected works in as many public sessions as it deems appropriate. For these purposes, a programming will be prepared in which the exhibition halls, calendar and hours of these projections are determined in advance.
The contents selected in the categories of Entertainment, Information, Culture, Outreach and Sports, will be the subject of programming activities related to the ofﬁcial section, whether as a central theme of a masterclass at the universities and audio-visual schools of Barcelona and Igualada or, as a case study, debate or promotion in an activity with the audiovisual industry, proposed by the organization of the ZOOM FESTIVAL in collaboration with the associations of producers.
All the works that are planned at the ZOOM FESTIVAL, must be included in the Ofﬁcial Festival Catalog and on its website: www.zoomfestival.org
The documentation requested by the festival for the ofﬁcial catalog, programming guide and website
(synopsis, bioﬁlmography, artistic and technical sheet, photographs of the director and the work, trailer and other audiovisual materials) will be taken from the registration form Online that must be completed before the dates indicated in these rules.
The producers, television companies or directors participating in the Ofﬁcial Competition Section authorize the use of one or more fragments of the audiovisual work to be distributed as an informative material to any means of communication without temporary limitation when submitting the registration.
The registration of the work in the Ofﬁcial Section at the ZOOM FESTIVAL competition supposes the acceptance and fulﬁllment of these participation bases and of their possible annexes.
10. Registration and communications adress
Zoom, Festival Internacional de Continguts Audiovisuals de Catalunya
Formats TV & Internet
C / Sant Pau, 9
08700 IGUALADA (Barcelona)
Tel. 0034-93 803 0763
General registration (except TV Channels & OTTs):
TV Channels & OTTs registration: