Zoom Festival Official Section
General Terms and Conditions 2019
Zoom Festival Official Section
The Official Section of the 17th edition is open to all producers, television channels and networks, students, and independent film makers from all over the world who present audiovisual content for all types of screens and that fit the bases of the Festival’s official section.
Among the functions of the Festival is the hosting of the meetingof the various professional sectors of the audiovisual industry, as well as that of students in the sector and being a platform for new talent.
In order to fulfill these objectives, the Zoom Festival will celebrate its 17th Edition from November 25th to December 1st 2019 in Igualada and Barcelona.
All productions that present audiovisual content to the following FIVE categories are accepted:
- ENTERTAINMENT: Contests, Talent, Realty Show, Talk Show, Show Information, Factual, Magazine, Late Show, Humour
- INFORMATION: Newscasts, Reports, Debates, Interviews, Special Informative
- CULTURAL AND INFORMATIVE: General, Musical, Educational, Documentary 55′
- Sports: Programmes, Broadcasting
- Fiction: TVMovie and miniseries
Audiovisual content must meet the following requirements:
- All nationalities and international co-productions are accepted.
- All producers, televisions, directors will be able to compete as long as they exercise the due legal control over the audiovisual contents that are presented to the competition.
- The contents enrolled in the categories of Entertainment, News, Culture and Outreach and Sports, must have been issued after January 1, 2017 or must be currently being broadcast on television or on the Internet.
- Exceptionality in the Fiction category: Contents registered in the category of Fiction, tvmovies or miniseries, must not have been broadcast in Catalonia and must have finished their production after January 1, 2018. Those films that have been presented and exhibited in previous editions to the ZOOM FESTIVAL will not be admitted.
- Works will be presented in original version, and those whose original language is neither Catalan nor Spanish, must be accompanied by subtitles in English or French.
- Of all the works received, the organisation will select those that will participate in the Official Competition Section.
- Participants must ensure that the rights of participation in the ZOOM FESTIVAL do not violate the rights of third parties related to the production of the work.
- Any inscription has a cost of 10 euros.
Documentation for pre-selection
It will be necessary to present the following documentationin order toenter the selection of the Festival:
- Registration must be made through the online form or through the www.festhome.com platform.
- For the categories of Entertainment, News, Cultural and Outreach and Sports, an online link will be required, to view a chapter of the format, which does not need to be the pilot.
- The deadline for registration is July 26, 2019.
Documentation in case the production has been selected
The organisation will notify the works that have been selected for competition through the person of contact that appears on the registration form.
The selected works will have to be presented in the following format:
- DCP, preferably, or HD file for the Fiction category.
- ARCHIVE .MOV for the rest of the categories.
- The promotional material must be in the possession of the organisation before September 15, 2019 and the means of transport used must be notified to the organization.
- Copies in DCP or Hard Drive will be returned by the organization to the address that appears as the sender.
- The payment of the shipping costs will be paid by the producing companies and / or directors and / or televisions. The expenses for the return will be paid by the Festival.
Selection and Jury
The decisions of the members of the jury will be unappealable.
The board of the ZOOM FESTIVAL reserves the right not to admit, once selected, those copies that do not meet the technical conditions appropriate for its public display.
The Official Jury will be made up of five professionals from the film, television and interactive media sector
The Official Jury will discuss the following prizes:
- Zoom Award for Best Fiction
- Award Zoom to the Best Content of Entertainment
- Zoom Award for Best Informative Content
- Zoom Award for Best Sports Content
- Award Zoom to the best of Cultural and Outreach content
The organization of the Festival reserves the right to add more prizes in the different categories, which will be decided by the Official Jury.
The Verdict of the prizes and its delivery will take place at the Closing Ceremony of the ZOOM FESTIVAL, on November 30th, 2019.
This Gala will be broadcast live by La Xal and, later by the CCMA.
The prizes of category to contest will not be able to be declared void.
The Festival will be able to make video copies of selected works that will become part of the videographic fund for non-profit audiovisual broadcasting. In any case, the ZOOM FESTIVAL will inform the producers of its use, always of a cultural and non-lucrative nature, of these copies.
Programme and exhibition rights
During the celebration of the Festival, the organisation reserves the right to display the selected works in as many public sessions as it deems appropriate. For these purposes, a programming will be prepared in which the exhibition halls, calendar and hours of these projections are determined in advance.
The contents selected in the categories of Entertainment, Information, Culture, Outreach and Sports, will be the subject of programming activities related to the official section, whether as a central theme of a masterclass at the universities and audio-visual schools of Barcelona and Igualada or, as a case study, debate or promotion in an activity with the audiovisual industry, proposed by the organization of the ZOOM FESTIVAL in collaboration with the associations of producers.
All the works that are planned at the ZOOM FESTIVAL, must be included in the Official Festival Catalogue and on its website: www.zoomfestival.org
The documentation requested by the festival for the official catalogue, programming guide and website (synopsis, biofilmography, artistic and technical sheet, photographs of the director and the work, trailer and other audiovisual materials) will be taken from the registration form Online that must be completed before the dates indicated in these rules.
The producers, television companies or directors participating in the Official Competition Section authorise the use of one or more fragments of the audiovisual work to be distributed as an information material to any media without temporary limitation when submitting the registration.
The registration of the work in the Official Section at the ZOOM FESTIVAL competition supposes the acceptance and fulfillment of these participation bases and of their potential annexes.
Registration and communications address
Zoom, Festival Internacional de Continguts Audiovisuals de Catalunya Formats TV & Internet
C / Sant Pau, 9
08700 IGUALADA (Barcelona)
Tel. 0034-93 803 0763
Tel. 0034-93 803 9428