The Showcase of Fiction Pilots aims to promote emerging talent in the field of series and webseries.
The Showcase of Fiction Pilots is a commitment to give visibility and projection to emerging talent in the field of series and webseries.
Following the success of the previous four editions, organised by the Zoom Festival and the magazine Serielizados, this fifth edition will be joined by: The Málaga Film Festival, via its Screen TV Festival.
The fifth edition of the Showcase will have three different venues and organisers: Barcelona (Serielizados Fest), Málaga (Screen TV), and Igualada (Zoom Festival). The same spirit will continue, through the selection of the most interesting projects amongst emerging TV.
A selection of finalist pilots of series and webseries will be screened at the Serielizados Fest and at the Screen TV. Two awards will be presented (with cash rewards): one, presented by an audiovisual professionals jury; and the other, decided upon by the votes of the audience in Málaga and Barcelona.
The two winners will be announced during the closing ceremony gala of the Zoom Festival in Igualada. The winners will also be screened during the Festival.
One of the innovations of the Showcase is that the finalist series’ creators will have the opportunity to talk for 10 minutes with each member of the professional jury, in order to get first-hand feedback. The session “Meet the Expert” for this year will be organised during the Serielizados Fest (Barcelona).
In order to complement the training spirit for new talent of the Showcase, the Festival will organise a masterclass with a significant professional.
General Terms and Conditions
In order to be eligible to take part in the Fifth Fiction Pilots Showcase, the pilots will have to comply with the following requirements:
- Projects will have to have been shot in Spain, or by Spanish residents, and in any of the official languages of Spain.
- Pilot episode means “teaser episode”, or the first episode of a series or webseries.
- Series pilots that have shot more than one season will not be considered for the selection.
- If the original language is not Catalan or Spanish, the pilot will have to have subtitles in one of these two languages.
- The length of the episode will not be over 35 minutes.
- Pilots previously broadcast on local TV stations or internet will be accepted.
- Pilots produced by a national or regional TV station will not be accepted.
- Pilots that, at the time of registration, have a broadcast contract with a national or regional TV station will not be accepted.
- Registration is open to cinema schools, universities, private citizens and legal entities that can proof ownership of the work.
- The selected pilots will authorise the organisers of the Festival to use one or more fragments of the work for training purposes by any media. The fragment or fragments will never be more than 10% of the work.
Presentation and registration period
- Pilots will be accepted up until 23:59 hrs on the 22nd of July 2018.
- The organisers reserve the right to extend the presentation and registration period.
- Registration can be processed through the Festhome portal, through this link, and costs 10 Euro.
Required documentation for selected pilots
- The organisers will advise the selected participants by early September through the contact person indicated in the Festhome registration.
- Selected pilots will have to supply a poster of the series and a FULL HD file in .mov format, and coded in H264.
- Selected pilots will be screened in the Showcase at Serielizados Fest (Barcelona – end of September) and at Screen TV (Málaga – early October). The two winners will also be screened at the Zoom Festival (Igualada – late November).
- There will be two cash prizes, which will be announced and presented at the closing ceremony gala of the Zoom Festival in Igualada: the Jury Award and the Audience Award.
- The Jury Award, valued at 600 Euro, will be decided upon by a jury made up by audiovisual professionals, and their decision will be final.
- The Audience Award will go to the pilot with the highest number of votes amongst the audience present at the Showcase events at the Serielizados Fest (Barcelona) and at Screen TV (Málaga).
- The two winning pilots will be able to be part in the TV show Tube d’Assaig of the Barcelona station Betevé, if they so wish.
- Awards may be declared ex aequo with an economical split. And in no circumstances may the awards be declared null and void.
Selection and jury
The selection will be carried out by the organisers, and their decision will be final.
The jury will be made up by audiovisual professionals, such as script writers, producers, TV station representatives, and reviewers. In previous editions, the juries ahd members such as Agustín Alonso (Playz), Susana Ferreres (Movistar +), Maite Pisonero (TVE), Joan Sala (Filmin), Bernat Elias (Mediapro), Paco Escribano (Minoria Absoluta), Conxa Orea (TV3), and script writers like Roger Coma, Marc Crehuet and Pablo Lara.
- Work in progress projects may be presented as long as the video montage is nearing completion and if the producers can ensure that the final version can be sent during the last week of August 2018. During registration it will have to be made clear that the project is a work in progress.
- Competition awards can in no case be declared null and void.
- Selected participants will have the opportunity to have a 10-minute personal conversation with the members of the jury, during the section “Meet the Expert” in the Serielizados Fest in Barcelona, in order to promote networking and potential synergies.
- The organisers will hold the right to select some of the presented pilots (and non-finalists) to take part in the “Meet the Expert” section.
- All registered pilots will be granted two tickets for the Showcase Masterclass.
- The winners will be announced during the closing ceremony gala of the Zoom Festival.
Additional Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions may be complemented before the beginning of the Showcase and with previous notice to those interested parties, with as many annexes as the organisation deems appropriate.
The registration of a pilot in the Showcase assumes the acceptance and compliance of these terms and conditions and their possible annexes.
This is a project conceived by the magazine Serielizados, and organised by the Igualada TV Festival Zoom, the Málaga Cinema Festival, and Serielizados Fest, the Barcelona International Series Festival.
For any enquiries, please contact: email@example.com
Showcase Registration Form
Registration and presentation period.
Pilots will be accepted until 23.59hrs of the 31st July 2018.
The organisation reserves the right to extend the registration period.
Registration can be processed through the Festhome portal, through this link, and costs 10 Euro.